March 28, 2019 - Non-Working Dues and Timely Payment of Dues. Sick? Hurt? Can't Work? Still there's a responsibility to keep up with dues payments.
December 21, 2018 - State Legislative Conventions and election of Lodge Legislative representatives.
December 20, 2018 - Adjustment to the Standard Mileage rate under the Internal Revenue Service for the period beginning January 1, 2019.
December 12, 2018 - BMWED Cash and Non-Cash Compensation as of January 1, 2019. These are the annual and monthly values attributed to cash and non-cash compensation accorded to Maintenance of Way employees under the terms of the May 23, 2018 Award of Arbitration Board No. 602, and the statutory benefits provided by applicable Federal law, effective January 1, 2019.
November 29, 2018 - Minutes from the National Division Executive Board meeting of September 13, 2018, held in Nashville, Tennessee.
November 27, 2018 - Minutes from the National Division Executive Board meeting of November 14, 2018, held in Denver, Colorado.
March 12, 2018 - Minutes from the National Division Executive Board meeting of January 31, 2018, held in Sunny Isles, Florida.
February 12, 2018 - Transference of funds from the Strike Fund to the General Fund
November 20, 2017 - National Division Convention Call for the Fourth Regular National Division Convention to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada beginning June 18, 2018. Additionally is the advisement concerning candidate eligibility.
June 25, 2014 - National Division Executive Board minutes from meeting held in Las Vegas, NV.
December 15, 2016 - Memo from Secretary Treasurer Perry Gellar's office regarding next year's decrease in the standard mileage rate allowable under tha auspices of the Internal Revenue Service. From the current $ .54 per mile to $ .535 per mile after January 1, 2017
August 12, 2015 - Memo on Railroad Retirement Occupational Disability
The problem is that the job the applicant had before applying very well may not be that applicant's "regular occupation." Additionally, the Board's legal opinion says an accommodation only is relevant to an application if it has been in practice continuously for five (5) years. Finally, the percentage breakdown of tasks really is irrelevant. For example, a locomotive engineer may spend only 2% of his or her daily time getting on and off a locomotive, but if they can't do that, they can't do the other 98% of the job performed on the locomotive.
August 8, 2015 - 1st Vice Chairman Paul Kilgallon's appeal of deactivation by General Chairman Ed Long, and President Simpson decision on the matter, wherein "... return to active service on behalf of the membership in his territory. versus the economic impact on him and his family of continued "deactivation", I will not hold the remedy in abeyance pending any further appeal by Brother Long. Please be so governed, and advise of steps taken in compliance."
June 10, 2015 - In accordance with Article VI, Section 9 of the Bylaws of the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes Division, attached hereto, please find a copy of the minutes to the meeting of the National Division Executive Board held on June 10, 2015 in St. Louis, Missouri.
February 15, 2015 - Transfer of excess Strike Fund to General Fund
November 19, 2014 - Corrospondence from the National Division addressing fees charged by FELA firms. Appointed law firms must charge a contingency fee that has been established by BMWED Policy. The standard contingency fee is not to exceed 25% with the exception of the following cases…
October 21, 2014 - National Division Executive Board meeting minutes
August 20, 2014 - National Division Executive Board meeting minutes
August 19, 2014 - National Division Executive Board meeting minutes
July 8, 2014 - President Simpson, RE: RRB Update provided by Labor Member Walt Barrows
June 25, 2014 - National Division Executive Board meeting minutes
June 3, 2008 - Voting by conference call.
March 27, 2008 - Double dues assessed to two seperate Systems, Divisions or Ferderations
March 13, 2007 - Advisement concerning Transfer of Strike Fund money to the General Fund
February 15, 2007 - Initiation fee question about prior Teamster affiliation.
July 28, 2006 - Transfer of excess Strike Funds to the General Fund
August 10, 2005 - Resigning from the BMWED
March 9, 2005 - New Department of Labor reporting requirments